Monday, December 26, 2011

(Harbor) beach bound

Not too many years in the past (less than three), I had no contact with my extended family. Not by choice either. You see, my parents divorced when I was eight and I had almost no contact with my biological dad past the age of thirteen. Which means that I had no contact with his side of the family. Enter July of 2009 and facebook.... I not only got in touch with my sister and sister-in-law, but I found some of my cousins (and by extension, aunts and uncles) that I hadn't heard from since I was a child. Ever since then, I have had the pleasure of being totally reunited and accepted back into this amazing, loving family. And it feels good! No, not good, it feels great! Especially since it means that my children now have the chance to grow up with more cousins, more aunts, more uncles, more love and acceptance.

Since they live about two hours away, its not every day that we get the chance to be together as a family. Some have yet to meet PorkChop but I am optimistic that that will change as when the warmer weather is back upon us. Being the holidays though, we made the trip up to see them again.... and so Peanut could see their fifteen new lab puppies.

As Punk enjoyed his time playing MarioKart with his cousins T, S and F, Peanut and SweetPea enjoyed pampering the new litters of farm puppies. No one snuck any home in their pockets, fortunately, but I forsee us bringing home a furry bundle in the future... probably in the close future. They are guessing another litter of yellows in the spring so a four-legged furry friend might end up being PorkChop's first birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment