Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas countdown day 16- Too much Holidrama!

Our Friday nights are BUSY! Hubby usually rushes home from work so we can go out to dinner as a family. Every other week, he has to make the two hour round trip to drop Pickle off to his mom. We try to make sure that we have what we need at home for homework for the coming week, breakfast for Saturday morning and any small errands on the days that we don't have exchanges. Knowing that tonight was a drop-off night, I bent the rules a bit to our countdown and gave SweetPea her new book during the morning hours.

Let me preface this by saying that I had never heard of the Llama Llama series before I ordered "Llama Llama Holiday Drama". It was recommended on amazon and since I needed a fourth book and was trying to avoid "character" books, I gave it a spin. Its now a family hit for sure! Not only did SweetPea and PorkChop hear it this morning, SweetPea had Punk read it to her tonight, followed by mama again, followed by daddy, followed by her reciting passages.

It was seriously that cute! Even hubby, who tolerates most children's books for the sake of the littles really enjoyed this one. And what was there not to enjoy? It's catchy with its cute rhymes, the pictures hold even PorkChop's attention and us adults loved the meaning behind the sweet words. It was tempting to order another Llama Llama book for SweetPea's Christmas book but in the end, we opted for Fancy Nancy. I want to take SweetPea to the bookstore soon and see if she gravitates towards Llama Llama on her own.

Our family also got a surprise in the mail today. Our carrier left us a sweet thank you note for remembering her this Christmas. The kidlets were all impressed with getting that little thank you and I know that it made them feel good. I am anxious now for tomorrow and delivering our next batch of cookies to the fire station. Not because I want another note but because I want them to embrace that giving spirit while they are still touched by being thanked for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment