Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas countdown day 11- hot cocoa cookies


I am not sure who sits around and comes up with recipes like this one but I am so thankful for said people! I love holiday baking and really enjoy trying out new recipes. Most of those that I have tried become quick family hits. This one? Didn't even make it out of the oven before I was being asked how soon could I make these again.

I found the recipe here and WOW! Just WOW! SweetPea had fun getting to help make these, especially with all the times that she could sneak a bite of chocolate. Hubby had fun smelling these baking and announced that they reminded him more of brownies (his favorite dessert) than cookies. PorkChop just looked at all of us like we were crazy.

Out of the 3.5 dozen that we got from a single batch, I think that we have about a dozen left right now. Normally, I make cookies and they last about a week, maybe a bit more or a bit less depending on the flavor and how soon I have done that kind. But these ones? Even with as rich as they are, they flew out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment