Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas countdown day 19- On Dasher, on Dancer....

I wanted to fit this craft into our reindeer week but time just escaped me. Either that or I just tried to fit way too much into our daily lives. That truly could be the case too. So instead today, I took away our overly crammed activity of baking yet more cookies and let SweetPea get down and dirty with some finger paint in order to create our reindeer display.


Sure, we are missing Santa and only have three reindeer (sadly, the fourth didn't survive the fly by painting) but it was fun. And colorful. And not the least bit organized. But it was fun. And definitely something that I will look back on in the coming years with wonder that SweetPea's hands and feet were ever so tiny (um yeah... kind of hard to believe since they seem to be pretty huge now).

And we still did end up making cookies. Just not all day and not the way that I had planned. But sometimes, the show must go on even when our little reindeer are more involved with paints, play-doughs and toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment