Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas countdown day 2- The Nutcracker


Day two today of our countdown to Christmas. Hubby and I decided that Fridays, a normally very busy evening for our family, would be devoted to receiving a new holiday book, curling up on the couch and making the time to read together as a family. Since Punk and Peanut are usually at their dad's on Fridays, and Pickle is at his mom's every other weekend, I selected books that I thought were more "fun" for SweetPea. Imagine my shock tonight when Pickle came over to hear the story of the Nutcracker Ballet.



SweetPea hasn't seen anything before dealing with this story/ballet so tonight was her introduction into the magical world of the Land of Sweets. Even PorkChop sat enthralled and listened to his daddy read the story. I really think that one of our holiday purchases this year should be a small nutcracker to put out during the holiday season. Even just an ornament of one will do. I want a tangible reminder about being kind to those without expecting anything in return, like Marie (or as I was raised, Clara) did in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment