Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas countdown day 13- Stop! Sprinkle time

My sweet hubby has me convinced now that he grew up a deprived child. Why? Because he has never had a sugar cookie with frosting and sprinkles. Maybe he isn't deprived but I was spoiled? Who knows? Either way, this has always been one of my favorite "gifting" cookies with little ones because its such a fun activity for them to do (and because its messy as sin and what toddler doesn't like to completely destroy the kitchen on purpose?!)


These came out looking so cute! I really wish that the older three would have been willing today to decorate theirs but between homework, friends and video games, their Christmas spirit is still firmly tied to the "gimmes" instead of the "gifting". *sigh* At least I am getting the chance to impress upon SweetPea and PorkChop just how much better giving feels than receiving. I am hoping to get these cookies delivered on Friday night and our second batch delivered on Saturday afternoon.

Cute story from today.... While rolling out our sugar cookie dough for cutting, SweetPea grabbed her rolling pin from her kitchen and asked to help. I gave her a small bit of the dough, showed her how to flour everything down and then went back to the larger section. She rolled for a few seconds and then told me "Mama, I have strong armpits." Um? Strong armpits? " 'eh mama, strong armpits help me roll the dough."

Its a good thing that I have such strong armpits as well since we made just over three dozen cookies today alone for delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment