Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Christmas to one and all

Wow, hard to believe that another Christmas has come and gone. This year's was such a special time, being PorkChop's first Christmas.Also a pretty sad time since its the last year that I can say that its "so and so's" first Christmas. *sigh* I knew that the time was coming to move on to bigger and better things but I am so going to miss these baby days.

Christmas eve was a blast! The kiddos all got what they wanted the most. Pickle got a tablet (e-reader/Nook?), Punk got a Kindle, a watch and a camera (he couldn't decide what his favorite gift was so that's why I am listing all three), Peanut got a new DS and an American Girl doll, SweetPea got a "Kindle Fire" (ok, so its really an Innotab but she calls it HER Kindle Fire) and PorkChop got a bouncer and a cool "Grouchy Ladybug" inspired Eric Carle toy.

We got to spend time with my family, which is always a great time. I love being so close with my sisters and our families. Its always made the holidays even more special, getting together and breaking bread. I especially love that my children are growing up so close with their cousin, G, because it reminds me of MY childhood and being so close to my cousins.

Christmas morning was a bit more low-key. Pickle went to his mom's before my family's celebration began and then Peanut and Punk went to their dad's after, so Christmas morning was just hubby, SweetPea, PorkChop and myself opening gifts. Well, SweetPea started and then got bored and PorkChop opened a few handheld toys and did the same. We had planned on saving the rest of the gifts for when people trickled over for our dinner but yeah... SweetPea still didn't want anything to do with them then either. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and maybe then we can get the rest opened.

Christmas breakfast was held at my mom's place. We all got together again and shared more gifts, love and repasts. Then Christmas dinner was at our house this year but most of my family didn't make it back out. Hubby's brother and sister-in-law did show for a bit but since neither were feeling well, they didn't make it a long night of celebrating. Which worked out well because, let's face it, two babies without naps for the better part of three days now means early bedtimes for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment