Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas countdown day 22- Hot Chocolate Party

I am not a huge chocolate fan most times but during the winter, I can't think of a better hot drink than hot chocolate. I am not a fan of coffee (other than the smell) and not really a warm tea drinker (though, I do greatly miss my vanilla chai's right now), so hot chocolate it is. And what's a better way to celebrate the upcoming party season than with a tea party (with hot cocoa)?

SweetPea was all kinds of impressed, getting to use the wine glasses, having little cookies laid out on glass plates, sipping our cocoa together while dreaming of a white Christmas. Right now, our forecast looks like its going to be a pretty green one. I am a lover of beautiful warm weather and would love to come back in another life as a bear so I could live off of berries and hibernate all winter, but there is just something so magical about waking up Christmas morning and seeing everything covered in white. In fact, quite a bit of our countdown has been changed due to our lack of seasonal snow. But I digress...

Sipping cocoa and eating dainty little cookies made a perfect backdrop for discussing our holi-days. I think that SweetPea is going to look back on the traditions that we are starting with a fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment