Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas countdown day 6- colorful lights


Today was being set aside for painting ornaments but we ended up having so many decorations that we turned painting into a family affair last night. Tonight, we will be hanging our glorious works of art on the tree but that doesn't help SweetPea and her quest to keep busy during the day. So we played some Christmas games today for our celebration.

This one was super easy and helped cement my decision that she truly is ready to receive the game Candyland for Christmas this year. Since this is one of the few games that hubby will actually play (along with Chutes and Ladders), I am even more excited about sharing it with her.

The idea behind this game is super simple. All you do is match your colored pom poms to the colored holiday lights. SweetPea had a ball screaming out the different colors and telling me who was wearing what color light. Even PorkChop got in the action by happily amusing himself with three of the larger pom poms. I really think that I need to invest in some laminating paper so I can protect our games like this for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment