Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas countdown day 15- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


I often think of the Bill Cosby routine about growing up and wanting to keep a snowball all year round. Well, mainly for the dog days of summer when no one else had one so he could throw it at ol' Jr Barnes. I am not a fan being in the snow because its cold and wet and makes me feel miserable but I love seeing snow through my children's eyes. I love how they adore shaping it, running through it, tasting it and of course, trying to imagine new and improved ways of keeping it until the summer when no one else has a perfect snowball anymore.

I put my thinking cap on for our reindeer games and how best to include a "game". What kind of games do reindeer play? I came up with some possibilities but none struck me as "fun" as a good old-fashioned snowball fight. Too bad that Mother Nature didn't feel up to providing the promised snow this week. But its ok.... because mama P DID!

Instant indoor snowball fight.... Just add a pretty decorated basket, some styrofoam crafting spheres and a couple of ready toddlers, babies and yes, even school aged kids and you have all the ingredients for a snowball fight in the house.

SweetPea and PorkChop must have spent a good hour playing with our "snow". And best part of all? It came after spending an hour running around outside enjoying our almost 60 weather! Sure, we got rained on during our walk and it was still a bit chilly for puddle stomping sans rain boots but it was gorgeous out there and perfect weather indoors for our snow.

When the bigs came home from school, they also quickly joined in throwing, tossing, and catching our perfect snowballs. Mama even had a good time and is looking forward to our next "fight".

No comments:

Post a Comment