Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas countdown day 20- A hard candy Christmas

Yes, I have a small love of Christmas music. Not all year round and not in excessive amounts but I do enjoy the carols. Hence, quite a few Christmas titles made out of working song lyrics. I am not one to belt out the classics before Thanksgiving or even really before December, but as the time nears closer to the big day, I do find myself humming them more and more often. And I am sure that that will increase in the coming years as SweetPea and PorkChop become old enough to sing along with me.

I didn't have a set activity planned for SweetPea today since she was supposed to be gone a good portion of the day with my sister. Which didn't happen until nap time. So I flew by the seats of our pants and created a fun computer day for her. She had an awesome time making videos on "Elf Yourself" and coloring holiday inspired pages at thecolor.com. Between that and yet again, more cookie prep, our morning hours seemed to fly by in an instant.

Since Punk and Peanut have class parties tomorrow, I devoted our after school time to helping them bake their own "gifts" for the class.... thumbprint cookies made with raspberry jam and blackberry jelly. And we learned some important lessons.... Like, our thumbprint recipe is not conducive for jellies unless you want your cookie sheets to become an extremely sticky mess. Or that no matter how delicious almond extract smells, it does NOT taste like cherries, almonds or anything pleasant. And when you need to separate eggs, use the Punk method vs the Peanut method as shown above. I do not favor touching raw eggs so Punk was a lifesaver tonight in the helping of our cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment