Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas countdown day 9- Twas a Few Weeks Before Christmas

I cannot believe how quickly Christmas is approaching. It seems that the more that I prepare for the holiday, the quicker that the time is going by (and the less that I am able to accomplish). I am happy to note that other than the small odds and ends that I need to finish, I completed three of PorkChop's Christmas gifts today (sewn shirts with knit longies) and have his sweater done too. So his handmade Christmas is complete. Yay! I still need to finish Peanut's pajamas this weekend and hopefully get started on Pickle and Punk's. I even have SweetPea's handmade Christmas gifts complete and am already picking out her birthday ones. Oy! I need to remember to make it through this holiday first.

Since this was our official weekend with Pickle and since Punk and Peanut will not be leaving for their dad's until tomorrow afternoon sometime, everyone was here tonight for our Friday story night. Not that it was a huge hit.... All the kids found the story teadius minus the youngest two. Even hubby wished that we could have found the "American" version instead of the English one. But I LOVE this telling. I remember hearing this same storybook as a child and I am really grateful to have the same exact copy to read to my own children now.



This was not our intended story for tonight but I couldn't see the older thee enjoying "Llama Llama Holiday Drama" too much. And since our first choice for this evening still hasn't arrived via mail, our preChristmas eve book it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment