Tuesday, January 17, 2012

a whole new skill

Learning new skills is always a major milestone. We as parents remember those first words, first steps, first smiles and laughs. We reward the first time our children can tie their shoes, write their name, recite the alphabet. They are things to be proud of because it means that our "babies" are growing older and learning.

Today, we had one of those milestones here.... SweetPea showed me that she can use scissors!

Yes, I said that I would save my home schooling updates for Fridays but I am so proud of her! On a whim, we bought SweetPea a pair of scissors this weekend so she could "practice" cutting. I figure that since she is close enough to three that its a good time to start working more on fine motor skills, especially since daddy has been noticing little things that scare him because of Pickle. I don't think that we need to be concerned for now.

Not only can SweetPea cut along a line but she can apparently WRITE too! Sure, it was just the number one but she was writing it ON HER OWN! She has been showing me how to "trace" the letter A for about a week now so I am not sure why I am shocked over her writing ones all over her paper. But it did make me proud. Just another sign that my "baby" girl is growing up, maturing, learning....

Before I know it, she won't be my little toddler anymore. She is going to be a preschooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment