Thursday, January 19, 2012

reflections

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened...............
Or you can just leave the pieces on the floor, and move the hell on."

This is a good quote for me to remember this month. Only halfway through the month and yet, I have come to blows twice already. What a start to the new year.

But I have chosen, from both times, to move on. To accept the apologies, to understand that misunderstandings are a part of life, to acknowledge that my heart can be broken but that I can pick up the pieces and move on. Because I have the power to forgive. I can be a bigger person and not dwell on the shortcomings of others... or myself. I need to learn to be a better person this year and I am starting now.

I won't discuss the two incidences other than to say that they happened, that they were personal, and that both times, I was just as much in the "wrong" of these misunderstandings. But maybe they help us grow... learning to say "I'm sorry". Learning to admit that you can desire something that you can't have.

This year will be a year of personal and spiritual growth for me. I want to be a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, a better person.... And I know that I can. I just need to take the plunge, quit dwelling on the past and sometimes, just leave the pieces where they fall and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment