Monday, January 16, 2012

new recipe resolutions

Part of my New Year's Resolutions for this year was to try new recipes. I want to try a new one at least each week, every other week. Why? Because its too easy to fall into a routine of the same old, same old and just stick with what is comfortable.

So I have been pouring over my cookbooks, the internet, asking friends and family... anything to inspire me to reach beyond my personal comfort zone and try to broaden my family's horizons.

Today? I made spinach and sun-dried tomato chicken breasts in the crock pot.

This? Was amazing! Hubby assured me that it was much better with the feta cheese (I cannot have dairy right now because of PorkChop) but even without, I really enjoyed it! It was recommended to be served with polenta but since I have never made it (heard of it, tasted it, etc), I opted to serve this over rice with broccoli on the side.

SweetPea wasn't too impressed but she hasn't been impressed with much lately, food-wise. The older kids, as they came home, all expressed interest in getting to try this dish too based on the smell. So I will probably be making this one again before the month is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment