Friday, January 6, 2012

every Princess deserves a castle

Acrylic paints + one busy 2 year old = one messy kitchen table but a wonderful morning

Since today might be our last "non-structured" day for a while, I figured that it was a good time to break out the ceramics and paints and let SweetPea totally go to town. And it was a major success! I am definitely going to have to start thinking about getting her an easel and a smock as one of her birthday presents... or maybe wait and build her a painting area this summer in the garage. She adores coloring and doing any type of crafts and the painting especially seemed to be soothing... maybe because its not a "free choice" activity.

She also really surprised me today but showing me that she understands the concept of addition! While playing with some buttons this morning, she told me that she had three green buttons. Which she did. Then she showed me that she also had one yellow button. And that three green buttons "put with" one yellow buttons makes "four buttons for SweetPea". Wow! It makes me feel better about my choice to begin some light preschool work with her because she is obviously ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment