Friday, January 20, 2012

ending set A

Today ended two weeks of tot school. We finished up our letter A/number 1 set today. I will say, that SweetPea now knows that we are in the month of January, that its supposed to be winter with "lots of snow to go skating like this" (insert a mental picture of a two year old acting like she is skiing only with socks on a wood floor instead of on snow), who can identify the letter A and sometimes the number 1 (but has no trouble counting out one item) and who now has a mad passion for the song "I like to eat apples and bananas".

All in all, it went really well. She showed me that she can use scissors, knows how to hold a crayon correctly and that she is really into memorization and song vs "writing" out to learn. Crafting is a big hit but gluing is not so much fun. I think that next year when we revisit the letter A (want to briefly touch on it for a week next year and then by kinder, we should be golden), we will work more on the phonics aspect instead of just the letter sound.

PorkChop has had a busy week as well. He has been practicing getting his knees underneath him, learning to say "mama" (and yes, it totally melts my heart when he does it) and best of all, I caught a video of him the other night telling me "blah blah blah" whenever I would say it to him. Makes me think that when I talk, all he hears is the Peanuts' adult-speak.

Next week, we will start our unit on the letter B, the number 2 and since we worked on the color red this week, I think that we might pursue a color of choice (most likely yellow since bananas are yellow) as well. I really need to get better at planning out and structuring our bi-weekly lessons. Oh well, maybe I can just add another goal to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment