Monday, January 23, 2012

patience

Patience is a virtue that I am sometimes seriously lacking in. Patience is something that I would like to pass on to my children in abundance, maybe to make up for my shortcomings in that department.

Today, I exercised patience by allowing SweetPea the chance to "dress" PorkChop. It was a test on all of our parts. SweetPea was getting frustrated by the fact that PorkChop's arms wouldn't hold still. PorkChop was getting antsy because he wanted to roll around and play, not wait to be clothed. Mama was anxious because her babies were getting riled up. But in the end?

SweetPea fought the onesie and she won! Can you tell that she was one very proud big sissy?

Tot school this week, we are focusing on the letter B. Its been a nice change even just today from singing our last week's songs to adding new ones. Of course, SweetPea is still demanding that we sing said songs ad nauseum but what should I really expect? She is a toddler and LOVES music.

Today was very sweetened by the fact that my newest shipment of yarns arrived. *swoon* I got the wool in that I need to knit PorkChop's dino dude longies, his Andalusia sweater (which I don't plan on starting until March 1.... but at this rate, it will be done BY March 1 instead) and SweetPea's Lavanda sweater. I originally had planned on knitting the sweater and then adding some dino dude buttons but looking at the color, feeling the yarn and picturing it completed in my head, I am now thinking that I am going to go with "You Are My Sunshine" themed buttons.

Looking at my "to do" list for this week, I managed to cut out the first pattern and cut out the material! Now I just need to find the time to sew the costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment