Wednesday, January 25, 2012

sneak peek

Finally getting a chance to show this. I finished this on Sunday but it was dark by the time that I had it blocked and dry. Monday and Tuesday, the weather was too yucky out to try and photograph it. Even today, the skies have been overcast and just not the greatest for doing a "real" shot. But I am done waiting, I want to share.

I knit this shawl for a very dear friend. Still haven't had a chance to get it to her because I really want to see her face when she receives it, not just get an email or a phone call about what she thinks. I wanted to give up a few times because I came across a stitch that was giving me fits. But I found a way to alter the pattern enough that I could manage and I am so glad that I did! I actually now have a few more shawls on my "to knit" list because of this one.

I don't know what kind of yarn I used or the weight since it was gifted to me over a year ago. But I can say that I think that it was a fingering weight or possibly a sock weight. Its a blue and purple mix colorway. I knit this on size 4 needles. And I secretly want to keep this project too but like the owl longies, I am being good and sending them on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment