Wednesday, January 11, 2012

in over my head?

I love pattern searching, clothing planning, color schemes, the end result... Sometimes, I get overly ambitious though and try to see how far I can stretch my talents, my patience and my time. I really think that this might be one of those times. I found this pattern (Lavanda) and fell in love. I really think that it says SweetPea to me. I can picture it in a yellowish-gold with long sleeves and the full hood. And it fits her many criteria for a "good sweater". But its cabled, everywhere! And it has pockets, which I have never done. And all new, weird to me increases. But its gorgeous. And I will be knitting it soon.

I got loosely talked into doing a "project 12 in 2012" that started off as twelve sweaters in 2012. It was later changed to just twelve projects but I think that I want to keep the sweater theme. Maybe not all sweaters, but sweaters, vests, shawls, shrugs....

So far, I have almost completed the Saffron for January. Lavanda will be February's knit, although I will probably start it early so I can give it to SweetPea for her birthday. March will be an Andalusia for PorkChop. April, I am thinking about Sea Princess and putting it up for the fall. May is going to be a Spring Butterfly. June and July will be set aside for shawls..... I have one that I want to make up to give away to a special friend and I want one for the Renaissance Festival. August, I am contemplating doing up a Fratello. And that's about as far as I have gotten. In over my head? Definitely! But its fun planning and dreaming either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment