Wednesday, January 18, 2012

on your mark, get set....

Five and a half months is just a bit too soon for this....

Thankfully, PorkChop agrees. But he has been getting his little knees underneath himself since right after Christmas. He hasn't learned balance yet, or how to coordinate moving his hands and his knees together but the time is quickly approaching. He can "swim" on his tummy pretty well and he is building strength each and every day. Peanut and SweetPea both started crawling during their sixth month and I am guessing that PorkChop won't be far behind that mark.

I am not ready for my baby to be that mobile. I am not ready to lose my little slug that likes to cuddle on my chest with his sweet head on my shoulder. I am not ready to be chasing another "baby" through the house. I want to freeze him at this stage, this age, and just watch... and wait... and wonder.

I know that babies grow. I know that I cannot keep him a "baby" forever. And in actuality, I don't want to stunt his development. I want to be as proud of him and his accomplishments and he himself is when he gets his little knees underneath himself, when he pushes himself up on his hands and smiles. And I am proud. My heart could burst with pride when I see his beaming face. Its a bittersweet time... letting my baby grow. But I can always look back and remember these times. And I can share those stories with him as he grows.

My baby. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment