Saturday, January 28, 2012

making time for baking

While this sweet little face napped this morning (yes, I am seriously in love with the little dimples on PorkChop's hands and try to capture those every chance I get since I was noticing the other day that I cannot remember when SweetPea lost hers but that she definitely has "preschool" hands now vs sweet baby fingers or chubby toddler hands), I cruised around gathering our recipes/menu for this coming week.

For our new meal, I decided to try making bread bowls. Not only do I know that hubby enjoys them but they would fit in nicely with our tot school "B" theme. I am going to make them with a cheddar and broccoli soup since I think that that might be the best choice for our newly picky SweetPea.

I also found a recipe for homemade Samoas! If you do not know what those are, they are a girl scout cookie made with caramel, coconut and chocolate! And they are fantastic! So I added those to our shopping list and SweetPea and I tried making them tonight.

Wow! Can I say that not only did our house smell delicious while they were cooking but everyone here LOVED them! Thank you pinterest for having this recipe where I could pin it. Pickle didn't praise them much (because, let's face it, 14yr old boys do NOT sing praises to cookies) but he did ask if he could have a second bar. Hubby told me not to plan on any being left for Peanut and Punk tomorrow when they get home, so I know that he enjoyed them as well.

I am going to have to add these to our "C" themed week when we get there. Just because its a good excuse to make them again so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment