Sunday, January 22, 2012

loving lazy Sundays

I am really loving our stay at home, do absolutely nothing of import, Sundays. After the hectic-ness of the week, I think that we all do better having a day to just kick back and relax. Not that we did "absolutely nothing" today. I got what I needed for another of SweetPea's birthday presents (making her a set of army fatigues for her dress-up trunk), I finished project pay it forward 1 (which I will share pics of after I give it to the special someone), hubby kept a fire in the hearth and cooked us a delicious dinner. We played outside with SweetPea in our "first major snowfall of the season" (which was an inch.... pathetic!) and even got to watch a movie with the entire family.

But it was still a "down" day and a much needed one. We are almost 100% positive that we will be taking a road trip for hubby's job the first weekend of February so that is going to cut down on my sewing time. Which means that I am going to have to start busting tail to get the rest of the gifts done before SweetPea's third birthday. I also need to find the time to sew her her birthday outfit. I was going to make her something for Valentine's day as well until I realized that her party is most likely going to BE on Valentine's day. And for some reason, dinosaurs and little dainty hearts just don't mix well for me.

So my goals for this week... Work on a better lesson plan system so I am not waiting until the last minute to print things out. Start (and hopefully finish) dress-up outfit number 1. Start (and hopefully finish) PorkChop's special longies. Try to at least cut out the rest of SweetPea's birthday shirt since I am going to have to piece fabric together to make it long enough. Make sure to get my time in each and every day on the treadmill since it helps keep me centered. And try to find the time to read more since I am really loving "Clash of Kings"!

No comments:

Post a Comment