Wednesday, January 4, 2012

taking our sweet time

Ever just sit back and enjoy the moment at hand? Not worrying about what's coming next or how its going to get here, just living in the moment at present? I really think that I should have made that one of my personal goals for this year. Especially since I am such a planner, such a "do-er", such a "need to constantly fill each and every second of my day" person.

As I watched PorkChop nap today and listened to SweetPea "read" a story to herself, I realized that I don't have to be so structured. Yes, both my littles thrive on a routine too. I notice that they both behave better when we follow our normal day. Daddy came home early today and while everyone was happy to see him, it still changed our line-up.

PorkChop refused his afternoon nap. SweetPea woke up earlier than normal and was crabby as a result. The older kids failed to do what they should have been doing in the novelty that dad was home with them after school. I am not saying that it was a bad thing having hubby here with me more, just that it showed me just how dependent we all are on the lives that we have made.

Hubby being home early did give me time to finish "Little Men". So my first classic of 2012 has now been completed. I started "Game of Thrones" but am having a hard time staying focused on it. Hubby loves it though so I am going to keep plucking away. I also managed to finish my first gift of the year, the longies that I shared yesterday. Now I just need to wait for the chart that I ordered to duplicate stitch on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment