Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ready or not, here it comes

I am so done with winter. Here we sit, under yet another "storm warning" with the threat of 6-12 inches of wet, heavy snow. Of course, right now, the cold front that should have hit us is still hanging out somewhere else so we are just getting a heavy, wet, wintry mix. I think that its a sign that I am burned out that I am not hoping and praying for a snow day tomorrow. Mainly because I know that I need to stick to my new routines to get them to stick and having a day to sleep in already is going to ruin that. Lame.

lazy
Not that it matters much... The littles and I enjoyed another easy paced, relaxed day. I am not sure that I want to start thinking ahead to lesson plans and schedules already for next week but I know that I need to. Its too easy to fall into this "do nothing constructive" mode that I am in right now. I know that its just this time of year... I always slow down in the winter months and always have severe motivational issues. I miss the sun, I miss the warmth, I miss the soft breezes.... But then again, at the same time, while I am physically more active during the spring and summer months, I want to spend more time outside. Which makes getting SweetPea's attention for lessons that much harder.

She is so close to igniting that spark, that drive in her again, that I feel awful that I am slacking right now. But I also know that she is newly four. Taking a break and putting less emphasis on lessons and more on learning is not a bad thing. 

I know that I keep running over and over the same subject matter but its what's closest to my heart right now.  Constantly on my mind, constantly weighing on my thoughts... I know that I can do this, I know that I shouldn't let my confidence be shaken. It will return and things will get better. I have faith in that. Now I just need to convince my stubborn side to get with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment