Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's day

Valentine's day is finally here! I am SO surprised that I actually managed to wait until the big day to bring out the valentine goodies. I really thought thatI would cave long before now. I guess that it helped that Peanut didn't pick out her gift until last night... or that Punk and Pickle have decided that they are "too old" for shows of affection. I think that I am going to pick them up each a hat for our vacation in six weeks. They can't really be offended by a hat, now can they?

my Valentines with their valentines

I wish that I could say that today was all love and good cheer around here but it definitely seemed not to be the case. SweetPea has had a serious case of the "drama queen fours" and if life isn't totally about her, its melt down city. Hubby and I took her and PorkChop to the mall today as a treat. Neither of us are fans of the mall and avoid it most of the year. But they do have a play area that both the littles adore so we sucked it up for them. Didn't work so well when SweetPea very obviously needed to use the bathroom, refused to go and then refused to leave the mall all together. Poor hubby had to carry a screaming, kicking, nose dripping snot preschooler throughout the entire mall to get back to our exit. And she didn't stop there. She howled the whole way home, a good 20 minutes in her room AFTER we made it here and then started again when she woke from her nap. Thankfully, being told that it was time to start getting ready for her "big date" helped even out her mood.

ready for the daddy/daughter dance
Tonight was SweetPea's second time attending the daddy/daughter dance at our local country club. Her first time, she was just one day shy of turning one. Now here she is... two days past four and looking so grown up. Hubby said that she took off and made him dance the entire night. Even while eating her dinner, she was dancing around in her seat, just itching to go hit the floor. And in true SweetPea fashion, she ended up making a friend while there. Hubby said that he enjoyed himself too. Me? I am looking forward to next year when its my turn to attend the annual mother/son dance with PorkChop.

No comments:

Post a Comment