Monday, February 18, 2013

Midwinter break day 1

All this week, the older four kiddos have a break from school. Pretty lucky since I remember midwinter break being a four day weekend. But nope, my spoiled pack  has a full week off from school. Which is nice for them and nicer for me because it means that I get to sleep in, not feel rushed, can enjoy their company..... Break up fights all day, cater to their whims, basically live in the kitchen/laundry room..... Ok, so its not that bad but its definitely not all roses either.

Best way to keep the four that are here this week from totally dismantling the house (or each other) has been to keep them busy and occupied. Which is a much harder task than it would seem but when the ages range from almost 13 years to 18 months, finding things to do together without fights becomes a little challenging.
loopsy world... formerly known as my kitchen
Thankfully, the littlest two resumed their normal morning routine of playing with the Loopsies at the kitchen table while I cleaned house. SweetPea wasted no time introducing her four new minis to the rest of the village. And PorkChop dove right in too, claiming his two or three (sometimes four) favorites to play with himself. The older two headed off with video games in hand and pretty much kept to themselves until they knew that it was time for a feeding. Then I would see their bright and shining faces right along with the littles.

For the afternoon, we decided to have a movie day while the littles took turns napping on the couch. First up, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows while PorkChop slept in my arms. Second, Perks of Being a Wallflower while SweetPea napped next to me. Peanut didn't make it through either movie 100% (which wasn't a great shock since I don't tend to medicate her when she is on a break from school) but Punk sat and enjoyed our afternoon together.

No comments:

Post a Comment