Monday, February 25, 2013

it sneaks up on you sometimes

Ever have those weeks when Monday just kind of sneaks up on you? Yeah, that was me today. Thankfully, our return to lessons had a sense of humor to get me going....

pretty much says it all
I was not ready to begin again today. Our one week off just seemed to go by way too fast. And it doesn't help that our next "break" will be for our family vacation in five weeks. Five weeks... it seems so long but I know that it will pass by quickly once I give in and jump back on the routine wagon.

I made it a point today to get back on the exercising train. Waking up 30 minutes early so I can do my own self-wrote routine was a hard thing this morning after having ten days of no set time to be out of bed. But at the same time, it was surprising easily to convince myself that I WANT to do this. Maybe I am ready. Maybe I need this "me" time more than I thought. Or maybe it was easy because today was day one and everything is always easier when you don't know what to expect.

I did decide that this week would be a light homeschooling week though. I am not ready to plunge back into a real week yet. I think that SweetPea needs to be eased back into it, especially since she seemed to be sad today without all her siblings around to play with during the day. And PorkChop definitely was more than willing to spend more time cuddling than normal.

So no new lessons this week, new routines to be set, and a more laid back attitude. Not a bad way to start a Monday... not a bad way at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment