Saturday, February 16, 2013

breathe in...... breathe out

SweetPea's birthday party is tomorrow so WHY did I feel that it was a good idea to wait until the last minute to get everything done?! I absolutely hate trying out a new recipe when I need it, much preferring to give a test run a week or two in advance so I can play around with things. But nope... instead, I waited until tonight to test/make/bake her birthday cake. First time making a homemade white cake, first time trying the polka dot method, first time going off a not so highly regarded recipe by trying all the alternative methods at once... This should be fun.

polka dots in the baking making
Not only that but I just finished her dress for tomorrow. Not the costume outfit that I wanted but a pretty cute heartsy black and pink dress. I didn't have time to do the pettiskirt for under it but thankfully, it doesn't look like its a necessity. I did manage to try it on Princess Crabby and it looks long enough (yay for alterations!) and the split covers what it should even without the petti.

I still haven't wrapped gifts, decorated, cleaned, anything. And the party is in just a few hours. Hours that I do need to find time to sleep during.... unless she wants ME to be Queen Crabby tomorrow.

I know that this party will go off without a hitch. I know that I can manage to get everything done in time. I know that, looking back, she won't even remember the stress that went into mama being sick at the beginning of the month and having to push everything else back so I could get better. She won't remember anything but the fun that she had, the balloons that she popped, and the cake that she will eat. And I am happy for that. Because right now, I am freaking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment