Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lalaloopsy world

I hate finding myself staring at the calendar, knowing full well the amount of work that I need to get done by a certain time frame and becoming paralyzed that I didn't start sooner. Or in this case, that I got so sick that I lost almost a week of prepping. So here we go, SweetPea's party is Sunday and I am not ready. Not even a little bit. Even changing some of my wants for her, I am not sure that I can pull this off. It just seems that I have so much to do and so little time to get it done.

birthday party preparedness.... take 1
SweetPea chose a Lalaloopsy theme for her birthday this year. I am not big on "character" parties because it makes me feel roped into the gimmicks that come along with each theme. But she did her other great love last year (dinosaurs) and since we are seriously considering doing a Super Hero theme in July for PorkChop (who is mildly obsessed with Batman), I couldn't tell her no. But I did put a limit on the amount of "copyright character" we will have.

Instead, I found molds to make button suckers and little button candies to decorate her cake. I found a recipe for a white cake with polka dots on the inside... perfectly cute for a fun, whimsical theme. Then I started getting crafty with the idea of making hair bows for the goody bags. SweetPea LOVES her hair bows so this was met with great approval. I lucked out and found some Lalaloopsy ribbon in three prints so I bought some up and started creating three different style bows. I had planned on making SweetPea and PorkChop Lalaloopsy themed outfits like I did last year with the dinosaurs but getting sick put that idea off. Instead, I have a beautiful dress almost completed for her in bright pink, white and black. Totally sassy print but very girly. Perfect for my little SweetPea.

For games, I printed off a ton of coloring sheets featuring the dolls. I am also hunting around for buttons and ribbon to make picture frames with the girls. I figure that I can always run off doctored photos of the girls with the Lalaloopsy dolls... or just buy a poster board and create my own Lalaloopsy backdrop. Either way would work. I am also working on creating a fun little scavenger hunt featuring crafty items.

Menu wise.... I think that we are going to go with fun little finger foods. Since the Loopsies seem to be based around sweets, I am thinking fruit kabobs, a veggie platter with a "sweet" based dip and maybe some lemonade?

Writing it all out, it looks like I am so organized but in actuality, I need to find the time to get everything done. I know that I work well when under a deadline but waiting until the last minute is not a good thing for my blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment