Monday, February 4, 2013

language of love


I got the best idea off of pinterest for Valentine's day this year. to give each child a heart a day with different reasons why I love them. Why they are special to me. An outstanding quality in them. Something that they can look forward to each day. At least, that was the plan...

Punk hated it. He got embarrassed by this heart on day 1 and ripped it down. Threw it away. And even though it was just a silly paper heart, it really hurt my feelings because it was a message from the heart. So him and Pickle will have to wait until Valentine's day to get anymore messages.... and then it will just be the standard one to go to the kitchen table to get their Valentine from me.

14 reasons why I love you
But the girls are loving their little messages. SweetPea wants me to read the new one, followed by all the older ones every morning. Peanut was so excited to receive her first message that she made me some Valentines too so I wouldn't be "left out". Porker, being all boy, has taken after his brothers and rips all his down.... but he tries to eat them when he has them in his little hand.

It seems to be helping attitudes around here though. Hearing what I love about the girls has meant less fighting on their parts, more thoughtfulness in their actions.... And while they are not angels by any means, it has been much more peaceful here. I am starting to think that even though Punk and Peanut got bored with it the last time, that I need to start the mama/child journals again.

No comments:

Post a Comment