Saturday, February 2, 2013

another one bites the dust

I have no idea what is going on around here. This morning was wonderful. SweetPea and PorkChop woke in good moods, we enjoyed our tandem nursing morning together snuggled in the blankets. I cleaned the rabbits' area this morning while the littles played Lalaloopsy together at the kitchen table. Breakfast was eaten by most (ok, so SweetPea DID pick at her meal but that is not uncommon) and then it was back to playing while I finished cleaning the kitchen and living area. SweetPea asked for some cartoons so I let her watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (her new love) while Porker and I had a rousing game of dinosaurs at the zoo.

Then it started.... I made SweetPea turn off the television because, in my opinion, it had ran enough. She threw a temper tantrum and then flopped down on the couch, telling me that no one loves her. And promptly fell asleep like that. PorkChop curled up in my lap and did the same. Since he was still recuperating from his long week, I wasn't worried about him. And since SweetPea had just had a pretty epic fit, I wasn't worried about her either.

They both woke after an hour, refreshed and ready for some lunch. SweetPea was agreeable to eating (she is always much better at lunch than at breakfast) and I promised her after my shower, I would make her grilled cheese. In the fifteen minutes it took me to shower, we went from happy Pea to this.....
another one down for the count
104.7 when there was no sign of a fever before. Poor girl ended up sleeping on and off all afternoon in my bed where she could snuggle down without fear of Porker pulling her hair. One dose of Motrin brought the fever right down to a more acceptable range of 101 where it stayed all day until the next dose was approaching. No symptoms of anything, just a nasty high fever. And this one was high for her. Where PorkChop has now hit in the 105's for the last three fevers, SweetPea normally stays around 102, maybe 103 (like when her eye area became infected twice from mosquito bites). She slept until she felt rested though and then was content to tear around the house as if everything was fine.

So now we wait. If she is not better by Monday, into the doc's she will go. If she is back to her normal spunky self, we will just chalk it up as one of those things. She says that nothing hurts, just that she is tired. And I couldn't agree more...  I am pretty tired of these dang fevers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment