Thursday, February 28, 2013

Its my birthday and I will cry if I want to

Yes, it IS my birthday but NO, I don't want to cry. Porker obviously does though and with good reason. Poor little man popped a fever out of no where tonight after dinner. By his old schedule, I am guessing that we are about a month early for this. But looking back, he had one at the tail end of December that broke in January (about four days of fever), one at the beginning of this month (about four weeks after the last) and now here we go again (about four weeks again). Not the way that I had planned to spend my birthday/weekend but what can you do?

Mama concurs
How else did I not plan to spend my birthday? Well, out in the slushy mess that we call a winter wonderland would have been one hint. But SweetPea wanted to make a snowman family and I wanted both the littles to see the fun of snow forts. Neither happened. Our weather has turned our snow into slush which didn't make anything "build" well. All it did was soak through all our snow gear and cause PorkChop to howl unless he was in the swing... Which made SweetPea howl. Howling kids makes way for barking dogs which means WAY too much noise for the mama. So inside we went after only about an hour of fresh air.

I couldn't get our PS3 to work so my idea of movie time didn't make it either (the littles had been playing with some cardboard boxes that we were going to use as "cars" for a drive-in style movie) so I let SweetPea take her pick of OnDemand shows (Too Cute, anyone?).

Even tonight conspired against me. I LOVE watching Grey's Anatomy on Thursday nights. Its my one true "me" break where I can sit back, relax and thoroughly lose myself in characters that I have been living vicariously through for the past nine years. Yeah... it's on break until mid-March. Which means that I am going to end up missing a show on vacation and will have to try to play catch up to watch it when we get back.

Not everything went badly though... Hubby DID manage to get off work about an hour early so he made my birthday dinner (orange chicken stir fry). I got some girl scout cookies and even treated myself to some samoas (normally, I will not buy them because I will eat the entire box in one sitting... by myself... without pause). And this coming weekend, hubby has promised to make my choice of birthday cakes since I am not a fan of store bought ones. Now that's love... Mr Crocker in the kitchen learning how to make a carrot cake from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment