Wednesday, February 6, 2013

getting old now

Ugh!! I have been such a slug all day today. Yet another day, yet another fever (from me again), yet another day of not being able to eat.... This is maddening! Thankfully, I do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am hoping to be on the mend. This has officially lasted now longer than SweetPea's or Porker's fever/illness and its beginning to take its toll on everyone in this house.

poster child for sick mamas everywhere
The mom NEVER gets sick.  Its against some written code of rules somewhere. Dads can come down with "man colds", the littles (or bigs) can all become bedridden with mysterious colds. But the mom of the house is not allowed to get sick. Ever. And I can see why... but am too achy and yucky to do anything about it.

The dishes are piling up... My kidlets had pizza for the second night in a row for dinner. No one is helping Peanut study for her spelling test. PorkChop has taken up residence inside a box with his "soft" and just sits there looking dejected. SweetPea has decided that she can be "the mom" of the house by running her mouth and then squealing like a stuck pig whenever someone doesn't jump to her commands. Punk and Pickle disappear for long periods of time, forsaking their chores and their own cleanliness. While I just lay on the couch and try to stay awake long enough to make sure that the house isn't going to burn down to the ground while hubby is at work.

This bites!

Which is why I am taking one for the team and seeing a doctor tomorrow. I don't care what they decide to do to me, it has to be better than this. Because I am miserable and I just don't have time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment