Saturday, February 23, 2013

Me? At the mall?

Ok, let me start by saying that I am NOT a girlie girl. I am not a mall rat, I do not enjoy shopping, trying on clothes is torture for me. But my SweetPea loves all that stuff and more. She loves wearing dresses, having her hair done, getting her nails painted. She thrives on the chaos and crowds of mall life and while she doesn't "get" shopping yet, she cannot pass by Claire's at the mall, beelines for shoe stores, and begs "Oooh... try this on mama! This be beautiful on you!"

But today... I wanted to make my family happy, especially with all the wedding drama going on right now. So I agreed to a mall shopping trip. I figured that it couldn't be all bad, a day out with both my sisters, my mom and SweetPea and PorkChop. And other than crabby kids at the end, it WAS a pretty good day.
big shoes to fill
Hubby sent me out with money for the express reason of buying something for myself. Trouble is, I am not a clothes shopper (even though I do need new clothes), I hate shoes (even though, I do need a pair for the wedding) and I refuse to use a purse (but at least I am considering a knapsack/wallet for our vacation). So I ended up treating everyone else. I bought SweetPea and PorkChop new shoes, something that they both needed. And ended up with name brands for less than $25 for both pairs. I treated SweetPea to her idea of heaven on earth, a small mall food court shop called Mac and Cheez. Thankfully, they had dairy free wraps so Porker and I didn't have to wait in another line. And I spent way too much money buying them some clothes for our upcoming trip.

So yeah, I didn't follow the "rules" but I made myself happy, nevertheless. And I made my mom and sisters happy by breaking out of my comfort zone and spending time with them. Now, unfortunately, they are talking about us doing this again next month. *sigh* Am I really ready to hit the mall again so soon? I need to be, if for nothing more than to have some family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment