Thursday, February 7, 2013

FINALLY!!!

Today has definitely been one of those "FINALLY!!!" days. I finally went to the doctor. I finally am going to get better. After much running around, I am finally getting my antibiotics. After days of fighting, the kids are FINALLY doing something together without biting each other's heads off. Hubby is finally seeing an end in sight of working out of state. This week is finally almost over. 

Can someone be "too happy" about it finally being Thursday night? Not even too happy about Friday, but just too happy about it being a few hours from Friday? Yeah, I am celebrating early, baby!
mad Lalaloopsy coloring craze
The doctor's appointment today was short and sweet. He didn't even run any tests... just looked in my ears and throat and put me on a z-pak. I am not one to take antibiotics for anything but this time, this time I will admit defeat. And I will begin looking for a probiotic that I can take too. So answers on what caused this razor-filled throat of mine other than it should be gone in five days. Five more days.... ugh! Finally being over... yay!

Getting the prescription filled was another matter. Seems like the doctor's office just couldn't quite figure out how to send the script to the right pharmacy. Either that or someone really didn't want me to feel any relief. Then our lovely insurance company AND the doctor's office couldn't get my birthday correct. Thankfully, my hubby is awesome and knows my special day better than his own.  Which all just means that a script that should have taken 30 minutes to fill ended up taking an entire day. What a waste.

Good news, I am finally on the pills and hoping to have some relief soon. A little bummed that Peanut got relief almost immediately when she was on the z-pak but I am feeling nothing yet. Ok, so my fever IS finally gone and appears to be staying gone but I still cannot swallow anything. At this point, if I even dream about food, I am liable to start crying. I miss food, I really do. More so than anyone would have ever imagined.

And its because of that (being worn out all week, not being able to eat, feeling like poo) that I am PRAYING for a snow day tomorrow. We are supposed to get some major storm (well, clipped by one) and I could really use a day off. A day with the whole family nearby... a day without alarm clocks and schedules... a day to rest and enjoy. Ack... who am I kidding... I just want to sleep in before all the fighting starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment