Sunday, March 3, 2013

time to reflect

Well, that was an... interesting.... birthday celebration. I guess that I should have seen it coming.... I had to miss my sister's bachlorette party last night because of PorkChop's fever. I DID keep my nephew for her though so I thought that everything was good. Yeah, guess not. She picked up G about a half hour before everyone was supposed to be here for cake/dinner. Then my other sister, who said that she would be here, turned around and didn't show either. I know that it shouldn't bother me but it does. Thankfully, my mom and a family friend DID help us celebrate which I am forever grateful for.

Brownie cupcake with cookie dough frosting, anyone?
Hubby kept his word and didn't let me bake my own birthday cake. I did keep my word for our friend and made delicious chocolate cupcakes with the most amazing frosting ever! Hubby, aka Mr Betty Crocker, made me his first totally from scratch carrot cake. And let me say, that it was the most delicious thing that I have ever put in my mouth! I am so proud that he not only attempted to make me a cake that I could have but that it turned out so amazingly well.

And the best birthday gift ever.... PorkChop's fever finally broke tonight! Not sure how that's going to go over with the Infectious Disease pediatrician but I am thankful. I really hope that we can now just make it through our vacation without the fever coming back. If it stays on its new schedule, it should hit the day that we leave. So please, mystery fever... please... I know that I want a diagnosis and soon but if you could just wait until we come back, I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment