Saturday, March 2, 2013

many happy reasons

Happy birthday, Dr Seuss! And happy March reading month! We love this time of year here. Not that we need an excuse to read but a whole month of celebrating that love? Pure awesomeness!

I kicked off the Seuss-a-thon yesterday morning by working with SweetPea on an "All About Me" Seuss-style workbook. Today? We started off the day with green eggs and ham bacon. Which means that we are going to have a few days of interesting diapers here now. Ah well, its once a year and its for a good cause.

Morning reading time today was spent enjoying "Wocket in my Pocket" and "Mr Brown Can Moo". Time for a secret.... I am not a fan of most of Seuss's works. Give me Shel Silverstein any day and I am a happy camper. But Seuss? I am just not that into the whole nonsense world. But PorkChop... That child has fallen in love with the rhythms and  rhymes of SeussWorld. So it looks like I will be branching out our home library for him.
Happy birthday Dr Seuss!
This afternoon, our family was treated to an amazing play date with some fantastic families! I am an unusually shy person by nature, introverted would be an understatement. But a friend of mine added me to a group on facebook of "intactivists" and I just KNEW that I had to break out of my comfort zone and make new friends. And I am so glad that I did! Getting to hang out for the afternoon with other families that share our thoughts and values was so wonderful. Not only that but I got my first intact cards! I am actually looking forward to heading to a mall and getting to "card". hee hee

On a side note, Porker is still feverish. Day three and he has finally broke away from the "low" side and is sitting at 102.8. I knew that we needed this, another fever, so we could get him officially diagnosised but ugh.... I wasn't ready for it to hit again so soon after the last. Now this weekend is going to drag by, waiting for Monday and a chance to get into the ID pediatrician. It almost makes me not want to celebrate my birthday this weekend after all. Not really feeling much like cake and family when my little buddy feels poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment