Tuesday, March 12, 2013

my first sew-a-long!

I have never joined a sew-a-long before... No clue why, just never was interested before. I have done knitting ones though and loved the support and getting to see how everyone changed the pattern with their own style. But when I saw that there would be a sew-a-long for a dress pattern that I had been drooling over, I knew that I had to join. And so I did.....

first sew-a-long!
Irene's Peek-a-Boo Ruffle dress.... I knew that I needed to make SweetPea an Easter dress because I couldn't find anything that I liked in the stores. And I knew that it had to be a bit "funky" yet "girlish" because, well, that's my SweetPea. And since she will be meeting her great-grandmother (the one that she is named for) on Easter, I wanted her to look special. So I knew that I needed a special looking dress.

I had three patterns all picked and fussed over them all, taking them apart, fussing over this detail or that... but then this one caught my eye and I knew that this one had to be the one.

The sew-a-long runs all next week. I think that it ends next Sunday? I am not sure yet if I want to share progress pictures or not. Maybe I will, maybe not. All I will say is that bright colors, tons of ruffles and a twirly skirt is going to make this dress a huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment