Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Paddy's day!

Happy St Patrick's day! May the luck of the Irish bless you and yours. I love today. I love any holiday, really, that centers around time with the family and good food. And today, we had plenty of both.

the shirt says it all
It makes me laugh to look back at pictures from last St Patrick's day and see my two littlest ones running around outside, barefoot, eating popsicles. Today, if you went outside barefoot you would probably turn into a popsicle. My sister is convinced that our weather is going to turn beautiful by this Saturday so fingers crossed. I am not putting much faith in our fickle friend, Mother Nature, this year. She seems to be having a grand time playing jokes on us.

My special treat today was that I got to make Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for us. Mmmm!! Hubby had never heard of them before and got quite a kick out of the cashier knowing exactly what I was planning by what we bought. The littles enjoyed licking the spoons/beaters (bad mama, I know but eh, they are only little once) but didn't enjoy the finished products at all. Hubby, on the other hand, was thrilled to see enough for him to take some to work tomorrow.

Special treat for the adults tonight was our yearly corned beef and cabbage dinner. Heaven! Simply heaven! I keep telling myself every year that I will make this dish more often and it seems that every year, we only have it a few times. I would say that I am going to add it to our monthly rotation but I know that it won't happen and I will just end up disappointed in myself.But if it tastes this good once a year, I will gladly uphold that tradition.

Special treat for the littles today... hubby bought a small remote controlled helicopter to play with them. I know of one very small boy who is in complete heaven right now! Our little man of so few words spent the entire evening crawling onto the counters, pointing and screaming "cop!" until his daddy would fly it around the room. The look of excitement on Pork's face was enough to make every jolt, every sting, every hair tug from that copter totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment