Wednesday, March 13, 2013

its all about the choices

Sometimes, its a good thing that we meal plan a week in advance. I have everything at my finger tips for mealtimes, I know what to expect out of which kid on each night, and I don't have to scramble last minute to come up with something for dinner. Some nights though, like when your son comes home from school and announces that he has an extra credit assignment due tomorrow where he has to plan out a meal, prepare it, photograph that he has the correct portions and that he ate it, all while you have dinner slowly cooking in the crock pot, its not such a good thing.

healthy choices
But we made due tonight. Sure, I prepared the main part of the meal. And yes, we didn't include the rice or pasta that his teacher would have liked to have seen on his plate. But he prepared the vegetable (in this case, roasted carrot sticks, tossed with virgin olive oil, sea salt and a bit of chili pepper), and I made sure that his sandwich contained the right portions of meat, bread, and dairy (cuban pork sandwiches, a family favorite).

After dinner, I helped him print the pictures that he needed while Punk filled out his "healthy dinner" sheet. I think that he purposely waited until the last minute to do this project since he knows that I would have made him prepare the entire meal.

But I did get my revenge... Instead of him being drove the half mile to his school for a track informational meeting, hubby and I told him to huff it. Figure that if he wants to run for his school, he can run TO his school.

No comments:

Post a Comment