Wednesday, March 27, 2013

more "prep" work

Hubby and I have a long time disagreement going about PorkChop's beautiful locks. I love them. I love his long, soft, baby-ish hair. Where as all my other children (who had hair at this point) already had coarser, toddler hair, my Pork still retains his sweet baby locks. And they are beautiful! You can totally tell that he is a healthy child by looking at his sweet crown.

Hubby, on the other hand, hates that people comment that he is such a beautiful girl (amber necklace is probably more of the culprit but whatever). He adores his men to have shaved, clean cut looks. But after the disaster that was Pork's first hair cut (where they left him totally uneven), daddy hasn't said too much about the golden tresses.

Until now....
*sigh, sniff, tear*
Daddy laid down the law that great-grandma deserves to meet her great-grandson looking like a boy. He wanted him to look "cleaned-up" instead of with his wild Einstein bed-head look. If this was for my family, I would probably have fought it more but I DID get to leave PorkChop's hair longer for my sister's wedding (who then didn't bother with any family pics like she said she wanted). So I can (and did) concede for daddy to shorten Pork's mane before vacation.

I will not post an after pic right now because he looks so different. I actually did a double take a few times tonight while out to make sure that it was my little boy running just ahead of us. I know that I will grow used to the change and I know that everyone else will adore it (as texts are already coming through about how much better he looks). Its just, MY boy has beautiful hair. MY boy looks like a boy, no matter how long his hair is. This little boy must be his daddy's child because I am still looking high and low for MY little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment