Friday, March 8, 2013

a week in review.... letter N

Wow! I cannot believe that we are now officially over half way through our alphabet! And best of all, she is retaining it now! When she was newly three and we tried this, we didn't make it this far. I think that we made it to about G before SweetPea lost all interest in not only learning her letters but on learning anything "school" related at all. And now, this year, we are just about two weeks away from her big 100 day celebration!

practicing numbers

For math this week, we worked on practicing numbers in a more practical setting. She made a March calendar, writing in all the numbers. We also worked on classification... reading clues (by me) and filling in the answers (by her). I am getting VERY giddy watching her know how to write more and more letters from memory. It makes me feel good that I CAN teach her and that she CAN learn from home.

N is for numbers

In fact, we had fun learning that N is for "numbers".... and "notes". Which meant lots of singing, lots of counting, lots of playing Mother May I. Which was a more than a bit difficult when Porker wanted to play by just jumping around the room, which would lead to SweetPea joining in. But at least she would tell me how long she could "hop" (Mama! I can hop for four mim-its! Want to see?)

noodle sensory fun

I couldn't come up with many good "n" foods which is totally not like me. But we did have fun (Porker, more than SweetPea) with our noodle sensory box. And SweetPea helped me make spaghetti noodles for dinner. I also learned that while she loves helping me to bake, she is not too fond of helping me cook. At least not right now. For snacks this week, we dined on different kinds of nuts. PorkChop has become the king of the peanut! SweetPea has shown that she prefers pistachios. Nobody wanted to share my almonds with me, but that's ok... more for me!

learning about classification

We ended up not getting much outdoor time in either. Our weather has just been cold, rainy, windy or finicky. I am hoping that that changes soon. We really thrive on our outdoor days and look forward to our morning routine of riding bikes/walking up and down the street. 

n is for notes

Thankfully, Friday our weather was beautiful and we made it to the local library to enjoy reading month. SweetPea worked on the computers for a while while PorkChop played with the trains and the puzzles. They both entertained the idea of hitting the library more often, which I would love! I miss our library days, our park days, going bowling and skating.... I am ready for our summer routine!

March reading fun 
We only have two more weeks before our big break. And I am ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment