Sunday, March 10, 2013

new beginnings

Today might have been a near perfect day. We had planned to stay home, do nothing, watch a movie and just relax. Instead, we heard that the weather was going to be beautiful and we just knew that we couldn't spend the day sitting inside, letting the mild temperatures go to waste. During breakfast, we threw the windows open, cooked and ate breakfast as a family, and planned our day.

What did we plan? Our first bike ride of the year! We LOVE biking and love trying out all our local trails (and are thinking about getting a rack so we can try out further our trails). Today, we did a short five mile ride but it felt wonderful getting out again. Hubby realized that its a bit harder pulling the littles this year than it was last and we are now talking about getting a second trailer so I can pull one of them behind me.
perfect memories
After biking, I convinced hubby to take the littles to the park. Anyone who knows my hubby knows that he is not a big fan of the park. So its not an every day thing that he comes along with us. But today, he did join us and he had as much fun as they did.

My little (to me) 19 month old son climbed to the top of the play structure ON HIS OWN! More than seven feet in the air and not a drop of fear on his face. Where SweetPea at this age loved swinging, Porker loves the slide! The higher the slide, the faster that he could swoop down, the better. SweetPea is still more cautious on the slides, preferring to slow herself down, where my little Porker flew off the slide more times than I could count (sometimes, even the correct way).

I am so longing for our weather to remain the way that it was today. Warm and mild during the bike ride, getting a bit nippy at the park but still decent. I feel myself waking up inside with each warmer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment