Tuesday, March 26, 2013

springtime?

I thought, for some odd reason, that we would actually have a spring this year. I have pictures from last year from this time frame of the kids already enjoying water activities (let's face it... last year, our last day of "winter" was in the 80s and the littles had a fine time playing in their kiddie pool). I am SO thankful that come Friday, we will be headed towards warmer weather and 10 days without winter coats and hats!

Hurry up, springtime!
Pre-vacation exhaustion took its turn today and hit Peanut. She just couldn't get moving this morning so a personal health day for her it was. Can't say that my hubby was too thrilled with that but I didn't want to get going, she didn't want to get moving and it was just one of those days where fighting with her and using more energy just wasn't an option.

Instead, I put her to work. She helped me clean the house from top to bottom, do a bit of laundry so that way I am not totally overwhelmed on Thursday and then helped me corral the littles outside with bubbles.

Ah, the rapture of bubbles. Liquid soap in a bottle that can keep preschoolers and toddlers occupied by the minute. It helps them to keep warm when dealing with our finicky spring weather, helps them to keep active on days when mama would prefer to stay indoors bundled in a pile of blankets, and is great for amusing the neighbors.

I am making sure to pack a few things of these magical gems in our vacation rest stop party buckets. If they can bring this much amusement to our front yard, hopefully they will bring some calm to rest stops as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment