Thursday, March 21, 2013

baby, you never looked so good

I think that I had this kind of break down last year too but I will say it again... I am in complete and utter shock that my BABY is actually going to turn another year older. In three short months, I am not going to have a "baby" anymore. I am going to have a terrible two. Not that I can picture my sweet blonde boy ever being "terrible".... but he will be two before I know it. I can try to hang on to the baby days as hard as I want but they are slipping through my fingers, just like his beautiful golden locks do every morning while he is nursing. 

turning 20 (months) never looked so good

Today was a big day for my girls as well. My sister and her friend came over to give them both "make-overs" before the rehearsal dinner. I wish that I had thought to take a before picture instead of just an after one because they both looked so grown once their hair was done and their dresses were on.

rehearsal dinner beauties
Its hard for me to believe just how quickly time can pass. I never think that its going by fast until I see pictures like this. Peanut is anything but a little girl anymore... She is growing up to become such a beautiful young lady. And SweetPea isn't a toddler anymore. All the round is gone from her face and you can see that she is a little girl. No more baby girls with rolls of fat and sweet curls. No more baby girls with chubby hands and fingers pulling my hair. No more wobbly baby girl feet, clad in tiny slippers. Instead, I have a preteen daughter and a preschool daughter before me.

Time is passing by for us all. In two days, my sister will be married to her best friend. In two days, my nephew will have an official "dad" in his life again... Not that M has ever been anything but since he came into their lives. But it will be official. SweetPea is so excited to have Uncle M REALLY become Uncle M. Pork will never know any different. And hopefully, it will mean some baby cousins soon to cure my baby fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment