Wednesday, March 6, 2013

enough is enough

All week long, I have been driving myself nutty with this funk that I have been in. So today, when SweetPea did her daily weather report and we noted sunny skies and milder temperatures, I did the only sensible thing for all of us. I packed up the lessons early, bundled the littles up and we headed outside for some good ol' vitamin D fresh from the top.

It was one of those rare days when I decided that nap time could wait. That the dishes from lunch weren't going to go anywhere on their own. When I turned off the phone, tuned into my children and enjoyed the moment. I won't say that it was the end all, cure all for whatever is going on in my head right now but it definitely was a huge blessing.

Hit the road, Jack
Part of me cannot help but remember last year at this time. The weather was already warming up and we were spending more and more time outside. In fact, the last day of "winter", our temperatures were in the 80s and the littles were playing in the water. And not the half frozen water on the side of the house that they played in the other day but real, garden hose, icy cold water.

I need to look at this cold snap as a blessing though. Without it, I would be sorely tempted to start seedlings in the laundry room again. And going on vacation, its hard enough to find someone willing to watch all the animals, let alone my precious little seedlings. So I am half praying for the colder weather to stick around until closer to when we leave. Give me a small refresher day once in a while so I can be at peace outside but keep the temps down enough so I am not tempted to add  more onto my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment