Monday, March 25, 2013

this is what happens....

when you party too hard.....

EXHAUSTED!
The last week of wedding prep, followed by the wedding, followed by celebrating Easter really has taken a toll on us all here. I decided to not do our lessons this week to give the littles and myself a chance to decompress before vacation. I really thought that we could use some downtime instead of micro-managing all our "spare" time.

This morning, the littles and I did spend some time making a cute Easter craft for our schooling space. I would love to share a picture of them but SweetPea wrote her name on her page and I can't figure out how to blur that part out. I will say that they made little chicks with handprint wings, holding personally decorated little Easter eggs. So cute!

We also spent some time this morning finger painting. Even PorkChop joined in which is saying much! I think that my sweet boy is getting over his dirty hands phobia just a little bit. I think that once the weather warms up and we can paint outside that that will help.  SweetPea always enjoyed getting to put on her paint shirt and play around with colors in the yard. Hoping that my small man will learn to appreciate it too.


Boxes are a HUGE part of our life right now with things arriving via the mail for our upcoming trip. Both the littles (and some of the bigs) have taken to decorating, playing in or with, all the larger boxes. SweetPea swore up and down that she didn't need a nap today and that if I let her play quietly in her room, she would be a good girl. Didn't take too long though for her to just curl up in the box and drift to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment