Monday, June 25, 2012

What a difference a little help makes

I love doing things with my kiddos. Whether it be some grand adventure or a little outing, I honestly do cherish the time that I get to spend with them. Which is funny since they all know exactly how to push my buttons and make me absolutely crazy. At which time, I have trouble remembering WHY I wanted to spend the time with them in the first place. But then there are times when everyone is helping out and lending a hand to each other without being forced and I can sit back (proverbially) and remember just WHY I do enjoy our moments together.

Today was one of those days. Since the weather was unseasonably cool (or maybe it just felt that way after the searing heat of late), we decided to head to the park to feed the ducks and geese. I was hoping to catch some glimpses of the babies but we waited far too long. Most of the soft, downy feathered little ducklings now look like adolescent ducks, complete with the gawkiness of human teens. Moreover, they were not too interested in eating our popcorn. We did manage to get a few stray "ducklings" to nibble, but we had far better results with the fish.

Punk and Peanut helped bring the tiny blue gills and sunfish closer to Sweet Pea so she could manage on her own. And Pork Chop just thought that that was hilarious, throwing all our food into the water. We even got to see a fairish number of good sized bass, which got everyone talking about going fishing before summer's end. Most likely, it won't happen until our camping trip in August but it still is something to look forward to.


We also made the best of our cooler weather by a surprise trip to the bowling alley. Even bigger surprise was that they had the training ramp open for use today! What a difference that small gadget made to Sweet Pea's game! Her first game, she bowled a 38 because she was tired from the park in the morning and a short nap in the afternoon. With the trainer though, she bowled a 93 and made her first two spares ever! I am definitely going to have to see about going during non-peak times more often this summer so she can really experience bowling in a whole new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment