Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kids Bowl Free

For parents of larger families, this is one of the best summer programs out there! I am very grateful that our local bowling alley participates in the Kids Bowl Free summer program. It means for the cost of shoes, my kids can bowl two free games each day this summer. Not that we go every day. I select one day a week as "bowling day" and that's our fun activity for that day. In the past, I have stuck to a schedule with our outings but I am not sure how to approach that this year. Summer reading club and preschool skate have set days but the rest of it can be pretty fluid depending on what we want to do. So I may leave it like that. 

This year was the first year that Sweet Pea has been old enough to bowl. I was envisioning hours of waiting for her bowl to slowly creep down the lane, nearly stopping in front of the pins or breaking through to knock one down at a time. I was a little wrong! Apparently, she inherited her daddy's bowling skills because she rocked the lanes today for her first time!


Yes, we use bumpers. But she didn't need the ramp and used their smallest ball, a 6lber. Not only that, but she didn't bowl granny style. Instead, she held the ball, charged to the foul line like a little line backer and THREW the ball down the alley! I was beyond impressed!

All three of the kids did an amazing job though! Punk broke 100 both games, which made his day. He is now declaring that his summer goal is to break each "record" from the week before. Which means that next week, he needs to beat 111. Peanut's final game was a 96 which upset her because it meant that she was just bare points from 100. I reminded her that there is always next time and that she might do better with a bit of practice under her belt. As for Sweet Pea.... both her games were in the 60s! Not too shabby at all for a 3 year old's first time!

Unfortunately, all this excitement is making me consider signing up myself and hubby for the Kids Bowl Free program so we will have another cheap option of entertainment this summer. For adults, its something like $25 to register up to five adults on a card to get two free games all summer. I am not sure how much a game is normally but it sounds like a winner to me. Now to see if I actually ever do it this summer. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment